In the framework of the “Lecture series of Kléber Bookshop”, which brighten up the cultural life of the city of Strasbourg, CEIPI organizes monthly conference-debate on current issues of copyright.
Intellectual property is no longer, today, only a matter of specialized lawyers, but a regular topic of the public debate, especially thanks to the digital revolution but also thanks to its influence on fundamental societal questions, such as access to knowledge or the appropriation of living things. The upcoming European Commission's copyright reform and other international treaty negotiations show the importance and topicality of these subjects. The topic of these lectures will focus on issues related to copyright and neighboring rights, as well as issues related to the evolution of patent law and trademark law.
The fact that the “intellectual property is part of the public debate” leads the CEIPI of wanting to bring its knowledge and know-how in the framework of open debates and broadly participatory as possible, and no longer only to specialists and students in Law.
These lectures are moderated by Mr. Franck Macrez, Associate Professor at CEIPI. Speakers are academics, practitioners (legal practitioners, lawyers ...), journalists, politicians (institutional, parliamentarians ...), business leaders.
- 20 May 2020 : Stop Covid » : ferment du capitalisme de surveillance ? Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywlp1E7i-G4
- 6 March 2020: Quel avenir pour le statut d’artiste-auteur ? À propos du rapport Racine with Stéphanie Le Cam and Samantha Bailly
- 22 January 2020: Le dossier médical partagé : quelle propriété pour les données de santé ? avec Caroline Zorn and Gabriel Nisand
- 29 November 2019: Open access, copyright and flow of knowledge with Mélanie Clément-Fontaine and Yannick Hoarau
- 3 June 2019: The digital transformation of the Justice System with Pascal Créhange, Thierry Ghera and Yannick Meneceur (moderated by Raphaël Eckert)
- 28 February 2019: Collective management of copyright: what transparency? with Gilles Vercken et Marc Rees
- 16 November 2018: The trade secret: legitimate business protection or danger to the right to information? with Bertrand Warusfel and Pierre France
- 6 July 2018: Softwares and free licences with François Pellegrini and Benjamin Jean
- 23 May 2018: Inspiration, copie, plagiat, parodie… Autoriser ou interdire ? with Stéphanie Carre and Laurence Dreyfuss-Bechmann
- 24 April 2018: Réécrire le droit à l'ère numérique with Antoine Garapon and Jean Lassègue
- 13 March 2018: Multilatéralisme vs bilatéralisme en matière de régulation de la propriété intellectuelle : l’exemple du traité transatlantique (TTIP) with José Bové, Christophe Geiger and Catherine Trautmann
- 15 February 2018: Les perspectives d’évolution du droit d’auteur with Michel Vivant and Gilles Vercken
- 12 January 2018: Réseaux sociaux et droit à l'image with Théo Hassler and Pascal Créhange