The Center for International Intellectual Property Studies of the University of Strasbourg is pleased to announce the signature of a partnership agreement with the National Institute of Industrial Property (INPI), for the creation of the “France anti-counterfeiting” initiative.
The signing of this partnership agreement took place in Paris, on 14 September 2022, during the General Assembly of the National Anti-Counterfeiting Committee (CNAC), which was held at the Ministry of Economy and Finance, in the presence of the deputy Christophe Blanchet, president of the CNAC, Pascal Faure, Director General of the INPI, François-Xavier de Beaufort, Director of the economic action of the INPI and Yann Basire, Director General of CEIPI.
The partners of this initiative are:
- the National Institute of Industrial Property (INPI)
- the Center for International Intellectual Property Studies (CEIPI)
- the General Directorate of Customs and Excise (DGDDI)
- France brevets
- the Union of Manufacturers (UNIFAB)
- the Confederation of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (CPME)
- the Federation of Mechanical Industries (FIM).
The “France anti-counterfeiting” initiative has been set up and is coordinated by the INPI as part of the reinforcement of its anti-counterfeiting missions, in order to consolidate the analytical role of the fight against counterfeiting. The data collected within this framework and the analysis of the economic consequences of counterfeiting practices will help public authorities in the development of effective policies for the enforcement of intellectual property rights.